First Grade Enrollment Procedure
1. Enrollment into fall classes begins one year before entering the 1st grade. During this time, all families interested in enrolling their child in school are required to attend three parent information meetings. These meetings are intended as a guideline to follow the principles of Education for Life and school functioning, where the parents are advised to become previously familiar with the principles of Education for Life through accessible literature or Education for Life teacher training courses.
All of the available seats for the school year 2018/19 have been filled.
Literature: Ob svetu otroške duše, Calm and Compassionate Children, Education for Life, Art of Joyful Education, For Goodness’s sake, Sharing Nature with Children, The Sky and Earth Touched Me, Program OŠ Lila.
2. In January, parents are invited to attend interviews where they can exchange views and home and school values. The purpose of the interview is to find out if the ways of life, both at home and at school, can be complementary and mutually supportive for the good of the child’s development.
3. In February or March, the group is set up and parents sign the Enrollment Contract, which provides both the mutual promises and parent and school commitment.
4. Future first graders, teachers and parents continue with their meetings in March, April and May. Teachers’ visits at home are also in progress at that time.
– The child will begin school in the calendar year in which he/she turns six years old
– The family lifestyle at home and the way the child works at school are complementary and mutually supportive for the good of the child’s development
– The child feels good and works with other children and adults during the meetings
– If the written criteria does not satisfy the needs of the enrollment, then the child’s enrollment is pronounced by the school leader based on individual interviews with the parents of those children who wish to enroll and who, according to the presented criteria, have the same opportunities.
Application procedure in higher classes
1. By email, parents contact the school leader and check if there is a chance of joining the child to any available place in the appropriate age group.
2. This is followed by an individual interview with parents, where we exchange views and home and school values. The aim of the interview is to find out if the ways of life at home and at school can be complementary and mutually supportive for the good of the child’s development.
3. Then, the child visits the group that he will join for a longer period (at least 5 days, we recommend in summarized form; we can propose more visits if necessary).
4. This is followed by an individual conversation with the child and individual conversation with his parents.
5. In the case of admission, we decide, together with the parents, whether the child will join the group during the year or at the beginning of the next school year and then the contract will be signed. We also arrange a parent-teacher-home visit.
– If the family lifestyle at home and the way the child works at school are complementary and mutual supportive for the good of the child’s development.
– If the child feels good in the group and the group can act productively with the child.
– If the written criteria does not satisfy the needs of the enrollment, the child’s enrollment is pronounced by the Head of School based on individual interviews with the parents of children who wish to enroll their child and have the same opportunities according to the presented criteria.